This has no negative consequences for you. On the contrary, ideally you can receive a discount for the product via this link. The links have no influence on the editorial statements in our articles.
AG1 Athletic Greens review
AG1 Athletic Greens? A Greens Supplement? Protein powders are well known by now, but Green Superfoods are comparatively new and unknown. Plant-based supplements known as “greens powders” are produced by drying plant nutrition ingredients.
Greens Powder summary:
- Athletic Greens Price: Is It Worth It?
- AG1 Athletic Greens Facts
- AG1 Athletic Greens vs Multivitamin Tablets
- AG1 Athletic Greens Ingredients
- Scientific Greens Studies
- AG1 during intermittent fasting
- AG1 risks and side effects?
- AG1 taste
- Recognizing Good Greens Powder
- Athletic Greens AG1 Conclusion:
- How to: AG1 Preparation
Athletic Greens Price: Is It Worth It?
An AG1 shake costs about $2.63 a day – slightly less than a coffee but with significantly more ingredients. Considering that one shake of AG1 by Athletic Greens is full of raw greens, botanicals, herbs, digestive enzymes, prebiotics and probiotics, mushrooms, vitamins, adaptogens, trace minerals, proteins, and minerals, that's a perfectly justifiable price.
If you get one of the coveted Athletic Greens® Welcome Kits this month, the price per shake is even more affordable.
AG1 by Athletic Greens is hailed worldwide as a particularly high-quality organic supplement that can meet even their increased micronutrient requirements if necessary. AG1, like most Athletic Greens alternatives, also contains ingredients such as wheatgrass, alfalfa, spirulina and vegetables. However, with a total of 75 ingredients, AG1 by Athletic Greens is clearly on the higher scale, as most alternative greens contain an average of 30 ingredients. Still, it remains difficult for the average buyer to judge which Greens supplement is truly useful and which is simply overpriced.
New Athletic Greens branding in AG1Breaking news: Athletic Greens® has rebranded its core product from Athletic Greens to AG1®. The 1 stands for "the one and only Supplement" which is needed for daily health nutrition!
In any case, the content, quality, and price remain unchanged.As a result of the rebranding, the globally distributed packaging is now completely environmentally friendly. The new AG1 name also emphasizes that the Greens supplement isn't just for "athletic people," but can be consumed by anyone looking for healthy and complete nutrition. Here is a picture showing Athletic Greens before and after it was changed to AG1: *advertising
AG1 Promo OfferThere is a limited-time offer for AG1 for this month. If you order your first order during February 2023 you'll get a pouch of AG1 with 30 servings along with a ton of free extras. As a result, one does not only get the Greens supplement AG1® with 75 ingredients for one month, but in addition also the following products of the company Athletic Greens® as a gift:
- One bottle of the sunshine vitamin D3-K2 (lasts for a year with daily use)
- 5 free Travelpacks (to enjoy a yummy AG1 Shake while traveling)
- A premium jar using the new AG1 design
- A dosing spoon to match the new AG1 jar is also provided
- An AG1 shaker. The bottle also features the new AG1 logo. A fancy way to shake your daily AG1
AG1 Athletic Greens Facts
There are now some scientific studies on various greens powders. In summary, they help individuals who have increased micronutrient needs or micronutrient deficiencies. Here, we will consider the most important features of AG1 by Athletic Greens as well as scientific facts, in order to determine if it is worthwhile to take AG1.
- Fresh vs Powder.
Athletic Greens AG1 ingredients are freeze-dried using a gentle cold manufacturing process – this preserves the molecular structures of the nutrients, as well as the vitamins that are sensitive to light and heat. In comparison, fresh fruits and vegetables already lose more vitamins with each passing day during delivery from the field to the home kitchen and are also much more complicated to store.
- The AG1 ingredients are without refined sugar. For sweetening, the product uses only steviol glycosides, a sweetener derived from the stevia plant. In addition, the individual ingredients such as acerola cherry contain sufficient sweetness to create a pleasant basic taste.
- A special feature in Athletic Greens AG1 powder are the bacterial strains contained, which have a positive effect on intestinal health. The bacterial strains Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum contained in AG1 powder can help promote a healthy intestinal flora and thus significantly strengthen the immune system. These two probiotic strains were deliberately chosen by Athletic Greens, as they are the two most studied strains and they are among the most effective strains that contribute to a healthy intestinal flora.
- The ingredients of Athletic Greens are deliberately selected so that they are suitable for a vegan diet and can cover deficiencies from a vegan diet to a large extent. In addition, the Greens supplement is lactose-free and gluten-free.
- AG1 is suitable due to its composition for specific diets such as Intermittent fasting, low-carb, keto-diet or even the Paleo diet.
- When taking an AG1 shake, it is important to note that AG1 by Athletic Greens is not a meal replacement. It meets the vitamin and nutrient needs, but its caloric density is too low to replace a meal!
- In addition, AG1 contains neither protein, vitamin D3, nor healthy omega 3 oil. These important ingredients should therefore be added individually in any case. Currently, Athletic Greens includes a bottle of vitamin D3-K2 with every initial order, which lasts up to 1 year if used daily. If you then take the shake with a tablespoon of cold-pressed olive oil, you usually do not have to worry about the issue of Omega 3. At the same time, you has optimized the absorption of AG1 ingredients once again.
- Every guy who eats 5 to 10 servings of fresh and varied fruits and vegetables daily, does not have to use AG1 by Athletic Greens.
1 serving = 1 handful of fruit / vegetables. Ideally, 6 servings of vegetables and 4 servings of fruit per day.
If you can't always manage this in your daily routine (our respect, if you can!), you can conveniently create a healthy balance with a daily Athletic Greens shake.
Get your Greens & grab this special Athletic Greens® offer
AG1 Athletic Greens vs Multivitamin Tablets
While multivitamin tablets typically contain chemically synthesized isolates, greens powders are a concentrated form of whole foods. In theory, vitamins from whole food products are absorbed into the body like natural foods. Manufacturers of products such as Athletic Greens® argue that a “greens superfood” delivers the same health benefits as the food itself.
- The nutrients in AG1 supplement powder can be absorbed and processed by the body much more effectively than is possible with supplements in tablet form because of the powder form.
AG1 Athletic Greens Ingredients
AG1 Athletic Greens ingredients can be divided into the following categories, covering a wide range of needs:
Scientific Greens Studies
Subjects who took a Greens powder for 12 weeks improved their mood somewhat and their energy levels significantly. [Effects of greens+: A randomized, controlled trial. 2004]
- The Spirulina contained in AG1 appears to protect the brain and reduce liver fat, according to recent studies.
- The alfalfa contained in AG1 contains high levels of iron and vitamin B12, effectively contributing to a vegan diet.
- The green tea extract contained in AG1 can block the absorption of carbohydrates and optimize fat loss in the long term.
- To ensure optimal nutrient absorption, it is recommended to take on an empty stomach. Thus, AG1 can be ideally combined with Intermittent Fasting. This brings us to the next point.
AG1 during intermittent fasting
AG1 is a delicious and nutritious way to break a fast and prepare your body for your first meal which you can eat 10 to 15 minutes later. Not only will you be giving your body a potent source of high quality vitamins and minerals, but the digestive enzymes in Athletic Greens can help you digest your first meal even better than you would normally.
AG1 risks and side effects?
AG1 is a high-dose greens supplement. You should therefore consider in advance whether you need the recommended daily dosage of 12 grams per shake, or whether manylciht half is enough for you at the beginning (which at the same time you significantly reduce the cost per shake), to see how the daily Greens shake gets you.
- In addition to overdosing, you should keep in mind that the many ingredients of AG1 on the one hand are very good, on the other hand offers a lot of potential for side effects. Especially if you are also taking medication, you should rule out interactions with the contained Greens ingredients in advance. Thereby, the list of AG1 ingredients can certainly help you.
In our experience report, AG1 by Athletic Greens convinced us not only with its balanced list of ingredients and high quality standards, but also with its good taste, which is unfortunately usually not the case with other greens (regardless of price range).
AG1 does not taste bitter or fishy like algae or soil, despite the many greens ingredients. AG1 tastes sweetly of apple cherry and pineapple. However, the sweetness is very subtle and not artificial.
More on this topic: Athletic Greens taste.
Recognizing Good Greens Powder
Here are some criteria you can use to recognize a good greens powder:
- Price and Quality: The ingredients of different greens manufacturers vary extremely and affect the price. Algae such as chlorella and spirulina cost the manufacturer significantly more than wheatgrass, for example. The quality of AG1 is evident here. It does not cut corners and puts the highest quality ingredients first in their formulation!
- Bioproducts are more expensive to grow and certify.
- There should be no additives or fillers. (Don't worry, not the case with AG1 by Athletic Greens.)
- Variety of ingredients: Many ingredients often provide a good supplement and help you escape a nutrient deficiency. This is another area in which AG1 excels.
- Micronutrient Density: As ingredients change, so does the amount of vitamins and minerals per serving. A look at the ingredient labels brings partly significant differences to light. Also here, AG1 by Athletic Greens excels.
- Taste: A good Greens shake should taste! If it doesn't taste good to you, you won't want to take it long-term. Athletic Greens has really succeeded in creating a great tasting recipe for AG1, which we look forward to taking every morning!
Athletic Greens AG1 Conclusion:
We were initially quite skeptical about greens supplements like AG1. As a result of testing a variety of suppliers, we can highly recommend AG1 by Athletic Greens.
AG1 gives you all the essential vitamins, trace elements, minerals, and enzymes you need on a daily basis to get through your day with full energy!
AG1 by Athletic Greens is a supplement for all those who do not always eat as healthy as they would like to, or suffer from a stressful everyday life or are on the road a lot and do not have time for a balanced diet. Athletic Greens also supports athletes in meeting their usually significantly increased nutrient and vitamin requirements.
Admittedly, the price per shake seems steep at first. However, you can be sure to take a high-quality product, which is really worth its price!
In addition, this month there is a special Athletic Greens promotion for first-time customers.
How to: AG1 Preparation
- The first delivery contains an AG1 bottle with scale, so that you can easily fill the 8 oz.
- In addition, the delivery includes a measuring spoon, so that you also have to take care of nothing else.
The Greens powder can be mixed with the water within a few seconds in the shaker. A blender or similar is not necessary. Shake for 20 seconds and the clump-free AG1 smoothie is ready to enjoy.
- An AG1 shaker
- one bottle of sun-vitamin D3 K2
- 5 AG1 travel packs
- A storage tin
- An aluminum dosing spoon for your daily AG1